Finishing the Placements
To finish your placement you need to have a final meeting with your teacher to make sure all your projects are finished and your teacher knows how to use everything you created for him/her.
If your teacher still has more work for you to do, keep going. If not, complete the final placement summary.
The portfolio is the final part of your placement.
I’ve created a google site (https://sites.google.com/tdsb.on.ca/idcictportfolios/home) (link for editing) for the portfolios and I will add each student as an administrator to the site. Please make sure that you can access the site. Your portfolio will be a page on the site.
- AA presentation of what you created for your placement using a relevant piece of technology. (Suggestions: video that tours a website, a prezi of your resources/videos, an infographic that describes your placement, anything else that you can think of with prior approval.)
- Links to and/or uploads of any material that you created for your placement.
- Teacher and subject area
- Description of project
- Technology used
- Possible uses in other classes/subject areas
- Did you enjoy the experience? Why or why not?
- What went well with your placement?
- What difficulties did you have with your placement?
- Do you consider your placement a success?
- Do you think the project is useful/has value for IDC students/teachers/students of placement teachers?
- How could the project be improved for future IDC classes?
- My assessment of your planning, preparation and use of class time (including the daily log and placement plan)
- Your placement teacher’s assessment of your work
- Your portfolio piece
- Your blog entry (as part of your blog evaluation (ISP))
Blog Post: By the end of class on Friday, November 3rd whether you are finished your placement or not.
Portfolio and Self Evaluation: By the end of class on Wednesday, November 8th unless you arrange otherwise with me due to the fact that you are still working with your placement teacher(s).